What is CERTCON?
CERTCON is open to CERT-trained individuals, Campus CERT, Teen CERT, Emergency Management Professionals and Citizens interested in CERT and emergency preparedness. This Conference is partially funded by FEMA’s, State Homeland Security Grant Awards program.
About National Capital Region Emergency Response
The National Capital Region is a collection of sovereign jurisdictions, including cities, counties, states and the District of Columbia. The NCR is not an operational entity because emergency response is a local function. The goal of the National Capital Region CERT Conference is to educate, and provide networking opportunities to enhance cooperation among the region’s CERT teams and other organizations.
Individual Grant Programs
Together, these three grant programs comprise the Homeland Security Grant Program and fund a range of preparedness activities, including planning, organization, equipment purchase, training, exercises, and management and administration across all core capabilities and mission areas.
- State Homeland Security Program (SHSP)
- This program provides funding to support the implementation of risk-driven, capabilities-based State Homeland Security Strategies to address capability targets.
- Urban Area Security Initiative (UASI)
- This program provides funding to enhance regional preparedness and capabilities in designated high-threat, high-density areas.
- Operation Stonegarden (OPSG)
- This program provides funding to enhance cooperation and coordination among state, local, tribal, territorial, and federal law enforcement agencies to jointly enhance security along the United States land and water borders.